SNOWBALL SOLAR SYSTEM
This work in progress addresses unresolved and ‘problem’ areas in geology and astrophysics:
– Galaxy, star, planet, and planetesimal formation;
– The nature and formation of cold dark matter in galactic halos and its effect on the solar system;
– Aqueous differentiation of comets and dwarf planets due to planetesimal collisions or binary spiral-in mergers;
– Plate tectonics, the granite problem, the mantled gneiss-dome problem, and the dolomite problem; and
– Icy-body impact basins vs. rocky-iron impact craters and endothermic chemical reactions in impacts.